Monday, December 3, 2007

UCLA Football is relevant again!

My college roommate who I share football season tickets with just called me with the good news!:



Karl Dorrell's tenure as UCLA's football coach came to an end today with the announcement that ended weeks of speculation about the coach's future.





"This was a very difficult decision for me," UCLA Athletic Director Dan Guerrero said in a statement. "Karl has represented this program with dignity and class. He is a true Bruin and I respect what he has accomplished in his five years as our head coach, particularly off the field. But, at the end of the day, the focus has to be on results and I felt that a change was in the best interest for the future of our program."



All disappointment about the football program aside, true Bruins wish Karl Dorrell well in his future endeavors. He simply was not cut out to head a major college program. He'll likely land on his feet as an NFL receivers coach.

Expect a celebration at Bruins Nation.



Now is the time in our blog where we dance:



No comments: