Thursday, November 1, 2007

I need a break...(Updated throughout vacation)

Last week pooped me out. I need some R&R...

Leaving tomorrow to play some golf and go here:



If I can just get that dance down...



Update 11/1 11:50am: And the vacation is off to a roaring start! Stopped in Victorville on the way to Las Vegas to play a round of golf...




I walked on and played with 3 older men. I say "men" instead of "gentlemen" because after the 3rd hole I am walking back to my cart to put my clubs away and I hear:

"#$&% YOU!"

"No, #$%& YOU, mother$#%&er!"

The next thing I know the 60 year old guy named "Dave" (actual name) has 75-year old Donnie (actual name) on the ground and he is beating the crap out of him.

So instead of finishing a relaxing round of golf on a gorgeous day, I am waiting here in the golf course restaurant waiting for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept. to show up. I hadn't planned on being a witness to an assault.

Hope Vegas works out better than this...

12:20pm: Good thing the Mayor of Victorville is out playing golf on Thursday. The Sheriff still had not arrived when he came to check in for his round...he got on his cellphone and told someone to "get a #$%&ing squad car out here". The Sheriff arrived 2 minutes later.

They sure love their F-bombs here in the high desert.


12:25pm: Well, that was fast. Sheriff took a quick statement, and my contact information and I am free to continue on to Las Vegas.

I was 3 over par when I finished today. I think I'll assume I would have finished that way, so I'm carding a "75".



11/2 9:25pm: Imagine my surprise when I found out that this guy was still alive:



Caught his show at the Nugget. Enh. Typical cheesy Vegas show that totally played to the geriatric crowd. We were probably the youngest group in the house. But what do you want for $32?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegas Baby!

Anonymous said...

Have they no respect for their elders?

Yiddish Steel said...

Dude! You need to be traveling with a palm-sized 2gig handi-cam for moments like that. You are only defeating your potential YouTube-Worthiness by traveling without it. And by the way, "Motherfu&&@#" is en scripted in the County of San Bernadino Charter. That's what you get for walking on some muni and playing with a couple of "9-ballers" (909).

Nigel said...

Yiddish...I was grabbing for my cellphone...to call the police. I had it buried in my golf bag.

Upon reflection, I could have filmed the altercation both for our blog and for evidence. I suck.

BTW, Victorville's area code is 760. These guys were not 9-ballers, but more like crusty retirees. Think of them as guys who would have retired in La Quinta or Rancho Mirage...if they had the money.

Yiddish Steel said...

Oh yeah... My bad. I forgot. The biggest area code in the state extends to Victorville, Barstow, Dagget, Hell, and all the other G_d-forsaken arm pits of the state. Just keep your trigger finger itchy next time!

Yiddish Steel said...

Rich Little is still the best impressionist performing today. Frank Caliendo is his Paduan.