Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ramona...Grow the hell up!

My stint at Qualcomm Stadium is finished. Now I'm watching the news reports...and everyone in San Diego County has been terrific.

Oh yeah. Except a lot of you folks in Ramona.

Some of you selfishly stayed. And you caused a big problem. Because you stayed behind and used your water supply, those who followed the law are now stuck because there is not enough water to fight a fire again should one break out.

Meanwhile, a bunch of you are on Hwy 67 whining and complaining that you can't get back in. Well, guess what? There are still three fires smoldering in your area and it is still extremely dangerous. But all you are thinking about is "why can't I go home?".

I feel bad for you, I really do. I met hundreds of you at Qualcomm and most of you were patient and understanding. But how about this? There are still people in Jamul, Fallbrook, Julian and Valley Center who can't go home either. None of them are causing problems. And despite no immediate fire danger, folks in Spring Valley and Rancho San Diego are STILL under evacuation orders.

So those of you who are whining...grow the hell up.

No comments: