Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The big fat ass needs to lose some weight update...

Oh yeah...that would be me.

Anyway, I had my follow up appointment today with the doctor. Looks like I am in pretty darn good health after all.

I've lost 18 lbs since my medical scare...all by avoiding the garbage I was eating before. I haven't seen a chip, french fry, scoop of ice cream or slice of bacon since my trip to the hospital. And I'm not really craving those things either.

My doc cleared me to exercise. I get a fair amount of exercise anyway from my coaching activities and my occasional rounds of golf, but I intend on stepping up my time on the stairmaster. My goal is to drop another 30lbs before my next appointment in November.

My blood sugar is a little high...but I fell considerably short of being on Diabetes alert. My doctor was at first concerned about that, but now is comfortable that a change in diet alone will keep me away from the insulin needle. Also, my once skyrocketing blood pressure has been measuring at or below normal in the past week. And my cholesterol is actually below average as well.

The lone concern...I have a small heartbeat irregularity. The cardiologist who reviewed my results believes it is nothing to get too alarmed about...but I am to return for more tests if I have even mild chest pain or tightness, or shortness of breath. But there doesn't seem to be any arterial blockage at all...so basically I am in good health.

Oh yeah. Except for the fact that I am still too darn fat. But I'm working on that...

No comments: