Friday, June 1, 2007

Opening Day

Welcome to This Goes to 11.

I am relatively new to the blogging community. I discovered it in a backwards kind of way. One day I was watching Michelle Malkin on The O'Reilly Factor, and I was impressed with two things:

1. Wow. Michelle is smart.

2. WOW! Michelle is a BABE.

So I "Googled" Michelle...turns out she has a blog. I soon became hooked by her wit and straight-forward analysis (the "babe" thing became a non-factor...she's married with kids).

Then I started clicking on her links...and discovered there was an entire world full of people who suddenly had a voice. One didn't need a journalism degree, a syndicated column or a radio talk show in order to be heard.

I was hooked.

To date, my only involvement in the blogging community has been as a snarky commenter on a few select sites. That changes today. From here on, I hope to be a snarky blogger...because Lord knows there aren't enough of THOSE out there.

Before we throw out the first pitch, very special thanks to my friends at Six Meat Buffet. Preston, Cranky and Smantix...thank you very much for all of your help and encouragement. Rest assured, me and my special group of nitwit pals intend on being a part of your site for as long as you'll have me.

OK, a quick note about the site. Clearly, anyone with knowledge of the movie "This is Spinal Tap" will recognize the title of the blog. And yes, I know that Nigel Tufnel actually says "These Go to 11"....but I am going with a more grammatically correct title. What follows is the inspiration for the title (for those of you who are unfamiliar):










Play Ball!

No comments: