Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's Miller Time!

Dennis Miller was on The O'Reilly Factor last week and had some choice commentary on John Edwards, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and the dim-witted community of Boulder, Colorado.

The money shots:


"I love it when you weighed in on Edwards because to me the guy's just an overly-coiffed pillar of dim..."

(On the Edwards estate): "You see the mother ship right there...I kept looking for the pea-pod people to lead Richard Dreyfuss right up to the front door..."

"There are two Americas...those who buy Edwards and those who think he's a complete phony. I am in the latter camp."

"It's one of the things I have trouble with the Democratic party now when they circle the hybrids , they all get into lockstep with the message..."

"I think that Rudy (Giuliani) as far as terrorism goes is just entering his peak killing years and that's why I'm for him."

(On the Boulder school district): "If I was a parent, I'd walk down there and punch somebody in the nose..."

Enjoy:



Of course Dennis can be a little esoteric with his historical and literary references so to help us all along, here is the beginning of our Dennis Miller glossary:

Clifford Irving: Novelist who wrote the famous fake autobiography of Howard Hughes.

Sir Thomas More: Patron Saint of Lawyers and Statesmen, martyred by Henry VIII
Tom Joad: Destitute protagonist in Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath

Bass Weejuns: Penny loafers

Heston waking up in the field, the chimp's on top of the pony: Planet of the Apes reference

No comments: