Sunday, June 17, 2007

Slum sweet slum...

A Moonbattery two-fer...

Turns out Nobel-prize winning carpenter Jimmuh Carter isn't so handy with a hammer and nails:

Mary Zeigler was the proud owner of a low-cost home in Jacksonville's Fairway Oaks development, built by volunteers who included Jimmy the Dhimmi himself, as well as wife Rosalynn. She still owns the home, but she's no longer so proud:

"I've got a 25-year mortgage, and I've got stuff that needs to be addressed or I'm just paying my mortgage in vain, because I won't have a house in 25 years because it will be falling apart."

She's not the only Fairway Oaks resident with problems. Of 56 who answered a survey, 41 reported cracked foundations, 22 reported cracked walls, and 48 complained that their houses were infested with insects and/or rodents, a common problem in houses with holes in them.



OK...not Jimmuh's actual work, but you get the idea...

No comments: