Sunday, January 6, 2008

Whew...Bolts shut down Titans (updated: bet paid)

Arriving at my seats before the game, I was aghast that the two seats to my left were occupied by Titan fans Mr. and Mrs. Cletis Hatfield who had taken out a mobile home equity line of credit for their dream vacation to San Diego. I'm glad they got rained on...

And Vince Young had a rough day too:


Chargers beat the Titans 17-6. Now the boys at Six Meat Buffet owe me a tribute on their site to the Chargers for the next week. I'm waiting...(not to worry...they're not the type to renege).


And after years of disappointment, I was in the house for the Chargers first playoff win since this:



Update: Preston and Brian come through...now go read the rest of their brilliant blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember listening to this game on the radio. Ah, the Natron Bomb.

My bet for this Superbowl was so much worse. I was pulling for San Diego against San Fran. The bet was a pitcher of beer every time San Fran scored.

Nigel said...

I was in Vegas for that Super Bowl...my friends and I all gathered in our suite to watch the game.

I remember swearing at the television set as Jerry Rice kept splitting safeties Stanley Richard and Darren Carrington.

Funny...I am now friends with D.C. Go figure...

Anyway, even though Peyton Manning is our bitch, we are in big dog doo if Gates can't play next week...