Saturday, September 13, 2008

Prayers for friends (Updated)

If you are so inclined...please say a prayer for the folks in the Houston/Galveston area. My prayers go out to good blog friends Laurie Kendrick and Murphy Klasing...



Leave it to Laurie to bring the funny even in the face of a natural disaster. At least I think she's trying to be humorous here:

The next morning, the forecasters had Ike heading for the lower Texas Gulf Coast. I remember thinking, “Oh great!! Geraldo Rivera and his Camera Crew of Doom will be arriving in Corpus Christi!!”...

...A friend called to tell me that he’d heard Geraldo Rivera had just arrived in Houston.

God help us all.

Seriously..

God help us all.


Update: Murphy Klasing emails me to tell me he's doing OK:

Doing okay, thanks. We have a large pine tree resting against our roof but looks like minimal damage. We have power which is a huge blessing!


Laurie is safe too...see comments section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nigel.

I left Wednesday night. Something told me to get out of Dodge and I'm glad I did.

I think my building is in relatively good shape, but I'm not sure. I know my electricity is out and will be for God knows how long.

I appreciate your sentiments and your good thoughts.

Best,
LK