March 12, 2008 - (Macon, GA) The Macon Music announced today that the team will host “Eliot Spitzer” Night on Friday, June 13th 2008 when the Music play host to the Aiken Foxhounds.
During “Eliot Spitzer” Night, the following elements will exist:
1. The Music have extended an invitation for former New York Governor Spitzer to be on hand and throw out the first pitch
2. The team will give away a New York Vacation including a one night stay at the MayFlower Hotel
3. Client #9 (or fan #9) will receive a free Music prize pack
4. Any fan with the name Eliot, Spitzer, or “Kristen” along with any fan from New York will receive $1 off admission
5. The Music will play Frank Sinatra music throughout the evening in honor of New York
6. Wire Taps will be placed throughout the ballpark this evening
7. ATMs will be available for cash withdrawals not to exceed $5,000 per hour
8. Any fan who has resigned their position will be given $1 off admission
9. The 871st fan will receive a gift certificate for the Macon Music Team store.
This promotion has been approved by the South Coast League:
“If you look at Minor League Baseball as a whole, it’s all about the wildest, wackiest promotions out there,” South Coast League chief development officer J.D. Hardin said. “Hopefully, people will take this with a light attitude.”
Hardin said, as of Wednesday afternoon, Spitzer had not yet accepted or declined the invitation to attend the game. The promotion, however, will go on as planned regardless of Spitzer’s decision.
“I think this is probably the craziest idea to come out of the Music office yet,” Hardin said.
“Again, we’ll take it with the light-heartedness that’s intended behind it, but we intend to push forward with every one of those elements to make sure that Eliot Spitzer night goes off without a hitch.”
Another reason to post Slublog's excellent photoshop: