Saturday, March 22, 2008

No way...

I have a few friends from Boston who won't drink Starbucks coffee. They swear by Dunkin' Donuts coffee and won't lower themselves to enter a Starbucks.

Now I am a coffee snob when it comes to my morning joe. I buy gourmet coffee...just like this guy (language warning):



(and like this guy, I don't store dead...uh...bodies in my garage)

Anyhow, I could never see how an establishment that sells hash browns in a cup and pizza (as well as donuts of course) could possibly have great coffee. I wrote my Boston friends off as simply having a regional bias.

So my local grocer stocked some Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee and I decided to finally try it. I'd been to Dunkin' Donuts on my last trip to Boston, but I went for the donuts (eh...) and some milk (since it was 1am and I didn't want to stay up much later).

It was only $6.99 for a package...

And...egad...my Boston friends are right. I have been enjoying the best freakin' pot of coffee I have had in a long time. No...way...

'Dis be my only post today. I am off to Anaheim to watch my Bruins beat down Texas A&M...

On the subject of coffee..."There's a stain on my notebook where your coffee cup was...":

4 comments:

nightfly said...

OK... so that's an Islanders video and a Squeeze quote. Keep it up and you guys will wind up on my sidebar.

Nigel said...

I see that you have already linked "Still Stacy"...

Anyone that is a friend of Stacy's is a friend of mine.

I'll reciprocate...

Anonymous said...

Nightfly is a good guy. He has put up with me well.

I buy my coffee, whole bean, from Boyers. Dirt cheap at their supply store. But, I think I'm want to give DD a try.

Nigel said...

Stacy, I was blown away that DD coffee was that good. For the past few nights I have gone to bed looking forward to getting up the next morning just so I can have my coffee...