Monday, March 17, 2008

RIP Ola Brunkert

Who?

MADRID, Spain (March 17) - A former drummer for the Swedish pop band ABBA was found dead with cuts to his neck in the garden of his house on the Spanish island of Mallorca. Police said Monday an autopsy showed it was an accident.


A neighbor found the body of 62-year-old Ola Brunkert on Sunday evening at his house in a coastal area outside the eastern town of Arta, a Civil Guard spokesman told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.


According to ABBA's official Web site, Brunkert and bass player Rutger Gunnarsson were the only musicians to appear on all ABBA albums.





Honestly, I didn't even know ABBA had a steady drummer. But as my four readers may know, I am a closet ABBA fan. (Obviously, I'm not too big of a fan, or I guess I'd have known they had a drummer.)


Anyway, Rest in Peace, Ola. Turns out that Berkeley Breathed's Opus had an unintentional (I'm sure) tribute to you yesterday:



Click on it to make it big enough for you to read, dummy!


The video, sans Ola:



No comments: