Thursday, October 9, 2008

Somebody Splash Some Water on Me

Because I'm all fired up, and I'm about to go hunting for the chemical suits, gas masks, and Mountain House freeze dried food, and move my family up to the mountains with my grizzly paw-in-law.

I've already gotten into a pretty intense email discussion with a conservative friend and her left-wing brother and it's not even 8:30 am. We were talking about Ayers, G. Gordon Liddy, fascism, the war.... Then I read this.

The Bush administration is considering taking ownership stakes in certain U.S. banks as an option for dealing with a severe global credit crisis.

An administration official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because no decision has been made, said the $700 billion rescue package passed by Congress last week allows the Treasury Department to inject fresh capital into financial institutions and get ownership shares in return.


That's when I lost it. I was no longer talking. I was going off.

Here's my email.

Don't trust nobody, girl.

When the government controls the engines of production, what kind of government is it? When your patriotism is questioned because you don't pay enough in taxes (you don't redistribute your wealth), what kind of government do you have? When they can mandate how you school your children, whether you can protect your family with a firearm, storm into your house without knocking, what kind of government do you think of? If they can go against the people's wishes and mess with the interest rates driving us into a depression, and subsequently bail us out, whose power is increased? What kind of government can continue to have any kind of power with a with a 6% approval rating? I have an answer. A government not for the people and by the people, that's not operating under the will of its people is not a fascist one, it's a tyrannical one.

It's not Bush or Cheney or Obama or Pelosi....it's all of them. The best we can do is vote for the politician who wears a condom when he rapes us.

Or we can do what hubby says. Hit them all with a shrinking laser and put them in the Cuisinart.

(Maybe we women shouldn't think before 9am. I may have to dig up Benjamin Franklin and ask him what he thinks.)

Mee-shell




Now I need to see if Paw in Law can put the moonshine up high before the kiddies come.

1 comment:

B Smith said...

Ah, I'm reading these posts top-to-bottom, so I responded to your earlier post, "I Guess I'm Not Alone" (Sat., Oct.11) first.

(wagging eyebrows)
Tell me, dear, can you make whiskey?
(smacking forehead)
Ah, hell..."paw-in-law"?? Married. Never mind.
(sigh)