Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You Know, I Mean

I have a nervous giggle. It's a habit I'm working to break. But you know, I mean, there are some things that drive me crazy when people talk, you know? And maybe I do it too, you know? But I mean this is a transcript of a conversation between Greta Van Susteren and Cindy McCain, you know? I thought one was a big time journalist and the other a business mogul. I mean shouldn't they speak with a bit more confidence? I mean, do we all have ADD now?

MCCAIN: It's been fun, yes. It's -- you know, there are days, you know, obviously, where things are not so much fun. But you know, it's an amazing -- we're 15 days out. It's been amazing. Here we are, you know, possibly the next president and first lady of the United States. I mean, it's -- this has been a remarkable experience and something that I still, you know, occasionally have to pinch myself to realize that we're actually doing this. It's wonderful.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is there anything that's been a stunner to you in terms of going out and talking across the country (INAUDIBLE) you felt like, you know, you had no idea or, This is better or worse than I thought? Anything stun you?

MCCAIN: You know what has really stunned me is the -- quite honestly, is the kind of viciousness of the media on occasion. In 2000 -- there certainly's always been, you know, differences, and the -- you know, the things that occur. But this has taken on a different tenor. And I don't know why and what's caused that, and I'm sorry for it because I think it turns a lot of young people off.



Great way to be assertive and hard-hitting, ladies-you know?

1 comment:

B Smith said...

I used to do the same thing, horribly, you know? But it was totally unconscious. I still do it far too often, but I'm more conscious of it now, and try to keep from doing it.
Like the candy bar in the commercial, though, sometimes that pause can give you a second or two to put your thoughts in order, and marshal your ideas. It still annoys me, but I understand it.