Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Someone Give this Man a Megaphone

And point it at Charlie Gibson's ear.

This is a great editorial by Orson Scott Card aimed at the average American journalist. He's an anti-gun democrat, but he's on my side, because he's for truth in the media.

And you might want to say Amen really loud after you're done reading, like I did after listening to Rush read it on the radio.

An excerpt:

If you had any personal honor, each reporter and editor would be insisting on telling the truth -- even if it hurts the election chances of your favorite candidate.

Because that's what honorable people do. Honest people tell the truth even when they don't like the probable consequences. That's what honesty means. That's how trust is earned.

It's pretty long, but you're going to read it because I said so. And I don't want to hear any whining. This is your education I'm talking about.

2 comments:

B Smith said...

Nice. And no, I didn't think it was too long, just your average column-length.
But sorry, he'll never replace P.J. O'Rourke. I am reminded of his take on younger reporters he met during the first Gulf War...he described them as a "bunch of laptop-tickling weenies", and recounted the incident wherein their press bus got a flat tire in some desert shithole thus: "Here was something they couldn't scroll up on...had no idea how to change a flat tire. Couldn't tell gasoline from diesel oil. Utterly useless in the real world."
Read 'Holidays in Hell', or anything else by him. Well worth it !!

Michele said...

I shall.